In our formats we rely on the methods and mindset of Design Thinking. Design Thinking is a toolbox of innovation methods that allow ideas to be brought into the world more quickly. The focus is on the user with their human needs and desires. Invented in Silicon Valley, Design Thinking is used wherever it is necessary to break the status quo and tackle complex problems.
1) UnderstandWhat are the different dimensions of a problem? In a 360-degree analysis, we look at the challenge from many perspectives.
2) ResearchWe focus on the human. In the research phase we leave our own filter bubble, conduct interviews and generate empathy for our target group.
3) Problem definitionBased on the interviews, we reformulate the initial challenge. Sometimes we take a look at the big picture, sometimes the problem lies in the details.
4) IdeationUsing brainstorming methods from the design thinking toolbox, we take unusual perspectives and encourage wild ideas.
5) PrototypingThe results are always tangible solutions: an app, a role-playing game or a prototype made of LEGO, cardboard or polystyrene. This is how we make ideas tangible together.
6) TestingBy presenting the first prototypes directly to our target group, we collect important initial feedback. This way we can improve and ensure that the future user remains always in the centre of attention.
We are a registered association. At the moment, we don’t accept new members.
What We Do
We empower people to improve their world through human centered design. We provide a playground to develop and test different event formats and workshops. We are a network hub for the Design Thinking Community.
Friends & Partners
z. H. Michael Metzger
Zeitzer Straße 5
vorstand [at] d-collective.org